Search

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Circuit Diagrams8

Circuit Diagrams

One of the jokes from the Tek service manuals!

530,540,550,580 Series

And for all those poor souls having just found their first Tek and unsure on how to proceed, finding the poor thing dead and not having a manual, I have here some useful bits of circuit diagram. These I copied from the Tek 585A manual, but I believe them to be reasonably representative of most 530, 540 and 580 series scopes. You may wish to disagree, please let me know. Note: Tube numbers for the non-A versions are different.

  • HT power supply circuit diagram Note: Be careful with the HT!
  • Low voltage power supply circuit diagram Note: Be even more careful with the LOW voltages in your old Tek. 350 volts at >125 mA is NOT funny. ;) Your 6080 SQ will continue to regulate untill you drop dead or it does- and I'd place my bets on the 6080......
  • Calibrator circuit diagram Note: for this schematic, the tube complement may vary. For example, the 531 is equipped with a 6DJ8 and a 6U8. The circuit diagram serves to demonstrate the basic working of this circuit.

560 Series

Here is something similar for the 560 series of scopes. The diagrams are from the manual of the 564, but I suspect the 561 will be largely identical. I don't know about the 560 itself. The 564B is different.

Notes: See above.

No comments:

Post a Comment